Re: off topic - accessibility

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:37:15 -0800

I am working on a fantasy in science fiction world book for my favorite role playing game system, Palladium games

I have been playing the pencil and paper (as there called to distinguish them from a couple other varieties) role playing games since the mid seventies, started with dungeons and dragons first edition, and still play it, have played the white wolf, GURPS, StarWars,systems and am still playing D&D every other weekend with a group who's core members have been playing together for over 14 years.

I started this book a few years back, ran a primary test of the game with my group, and they loved it, I thought I lost my work when my computer was stolen when I moved back to cal, but then found a copy on a old HD I had taken with me, and started reworking the game to fit into the current standards of the palladium system world books.

just so you and anyone else reading this knows, with several of these systems you can create almost any kind of game/world to play in, fantasy, science fiction, teenage mutant ninja turtles, starwars, wheel of time, spy verses spy, post apocalyptic earth, modern day sleuthing, past present or future military, someone even made a zanth RPG with aid directly from pierce Anthony. anything, lol, I can remember seeing a section of books devoted to "bunnies and Burroughs" a rpg for young children, oh I forgot there are also cartoon character games and super hero ones.

I am close to ready to start my second play trial of my science-fantasy game with the group, and most of them are looking forward to it!

alright, enough of my rambles for now, but if anyone is interested, Email me off list, and we can either Email privately or you can join me on the
blindAccessHelp list at:
blindAccessHelp-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh and there is a blind gaming group playing dungeons and dragons on pal-talk as well!

its fun, mind stirring, and can be a great social event as well,

and I don't mean to offend, but to those who have been told that RPG games like dungeons and dragons is devil worship, most of the players in my group are steady sturdy Christians, one of them teaches Sunday school in her spare time, and I think she has missed one Sunday in two years of it!

so take that belief, and any comments made like it, and stick them where they belong... in a well sealed trash container and ship it to a dangerous waist disposal company, if you put it into a land fill, the poisonisness of it will kill the land its buried under...

a final note, gaming is where my online handle comes from, "I'm inthane!, I'm an elf!" ----- Original Message ----- From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:46:43 -0000
From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, but perhaps Fox It reader hasn't got the code to tell screen
readers to
activate its virtual buffer. I found Adobe Reader 9 to be reasonably
fast at
opening PDF files and of course is accessible.

--
Chris Hallsworth
E-mail: CH9675@xxxxxxxxxxx