Re:

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:24:15 -0400

Jamal,

Java binaries are compatible across platforms, but convenient launch
applications are not.  This is because the platform that the Java binary runs
on is the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), while the launch application must run
from outside the JRE in the host OS runtime environment.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter