[john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: large sample xml datasets?]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:09:04 -0500

My original post confused the ecartis listserver on Freelists, so I'm
resending it. Hopefull, this time the s-word will be far enough into the
message not to trigger ecartis.

John

----- Forwarded message from "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: Re: large sample xml datasets?
From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:23:22 -0500
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you subscribe to www.bookshare.org you can download books that
contain xml files in Daisy format of well over a megabyte. In fact, you
can download public-domain books without subscribing. Some of the old
classics are quite lengthy. There is also a website that has math books
in xhtml and MathML. I can find it if you want it. For some really hairy
xml try an SVG (scalable vector graphics) file.

John

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 06:07:06PM -0400, Jared Stofflett wrote:
> Hello, I would like to learn more about xml, and write some samples
> involving the parsing of it. Does anyone know where I could obtain some
> large xml datasets, preferably of at least 20 megabytes? I don't care
> what the data is, but I'd like to do something that isn't parsing of a
> trivial 50 line long file. Thanks for any help.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.
http://www.jjb-software.com
Madison, WI USA

----- End forwarded message -----