Re: nfbtrans conversion

  • From: Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 18:14:11 -0500

John,

I can try to take a look at the results of the "save" from word and the
semantic-action file to see if there is anything obvious.  However, in
one document, it appeared that XML tags that were not in the file caused
words to be split up with blanks inserted.  I would assume that unknown
XML tags should be completely ignored.

What strikes me about your original posting of the goals for this
project is that it is awfully ambitious consider the nature of the
resources you have available.  Yet, you seem to already have something
that is quite good in the LibLOUIS and LibLOUISXML part of this project.
Would you consider thinking about a less ambitious intermediate goal
that might get this work into the hands of more people and thereby peak
interest?  It would be a very rare user who would take the time, for
example, to fix up the Semantic-Action file, so they're just going to
write this off until things are further along.  Yet, some exposure to
more people might increase the chance of finding additional resources.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

 <>