Re: nfbtrans conversion

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 08:06:24 -0500

Jamal,

Your understanding of BrailleBlaster is correct. Note that it is one
word not two. We have discussed makeing BrailleBlaster a plug-in for
OpenOffice, but our requirements are so specialized that we decided to
make it a sepoarate aplication. The same goes for making it a customized
version of Eclipse. However, we will definitely use some of the Eclipse
packages. In particular, I am considering using JFace instead of
building the GUI with SWT bricks from scratch. We may also use other
Eclipse packages, such as for internationalization and keybindings. This
is a learning experience for me. I've only been intensively involved
with Java for about a year. We haven't considered plug-ins, but we may
do so down the road.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.