new group for blind programmers.

  • From: Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:04:52 -0400

I've created a Google group for the discussion of accessibility issues around blind programming. While I realize this list offers help on topics regarding the access of technologies used in programming it also has a lot of general programming topics. I've found that sites such as stackoverflow.com do a better job of answering general programming questions then any email list does. I created this group to reduce the signal to noise ratio for those interested in tools and techniques for programming while blind, but are not interested in general programming questions. Questions that are acceptable are things like what IDE works best for java programming with Jaws. Questions that aren't acceptable are things such as why won't my code compile?

If you wish to join you can send email to
blindprogramming+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or to subscribe using a Google account go to
http://groups.google.com/group/blindprogramming