Re: new editor in the works: volunteers/help, etc

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:53:55 -0600

Hello,
I don't plan on using edsharp. I couldn't make heads nor tails out of the code, and it would've taken to long to properly split it up and refactor like is needed, so I just started another project altogether that doesn't have any relation to edsharp.

On 10/31/2010 3:49 PM, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
EdSharp is free and open source, so you are welcome to fork the project. I only ask that you use a different name so that users are clear on which code base they are using. Hopefully, we can all benefit from the sharing of code written for similar objectives.

Jamal

On 10/31/2010 3:37 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
hello all,
I recently noticed some really slow loading in EdSharp on windows seven,
especially when I was loading a file through WINScp.
I went to check on the code, and found more static methods and variables
as well as a huge few thousand lines of code crammed in to one big file,
with little to no documentation and blocks commented out here and there.
Not wanting to try to figure this all out, I