Re: need suggestions, great if on an urgent basis

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 23:57:04 -0400

Good evening,

To the best of my knowledge J2ME does not currently have a publically available accessibility API. This means that it is not accessible to assistive technology.

Humanware and Research in Motion (RIM) are working on an accessibility API for J2ME as part of the Orator screen-reader project, I am not sure how far along this work is, or when the accessibility API will be available publically.

For more information regarding this you can write accessibility@xxxxxxx to see if they can provide you with any further information.

HTH,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt

View my LinkedIn Profile
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

On 8-Jul-09, at 10:14 PM, prateek aggarwal wrote:

hello folks out there,
today i need your valuable suggestions on a topic that is related to my studies.
in my third semester of software engeneering which had started just a
few days back, i will soon will asked  to choose an optionor what they
calls it "elective".
basically, they asks  students to choose between two options as web
services, or java.
they teaches
asp.net
in web services, and java me in java.
now, i want your valuable suggestion, as
firstly, which one is best acording to accessibility perspective?
since i don't have any much knowledge about java me, have someone
worked with it, or working currently?
note: those who don't know, acording to sun micro systems, Java ME is
the Most Ubiquitous Application Platform for Mobile Devices which can
be Deployed on billions of devices, supported by leading tool vendors,
and used worldwide.

also, i would like to know, that which out of these both I.E. java me
and asp .net has more potential to produce a respective job in country
like india?
please, please come up with your valuable suggestions as soon as it is
possible for you.
since this query directly deals with my studies, hope to see some
quick and overwelmed responses.
hey geeks, please come forward, this little teen requires your guidance.
with profound regards,
prateek agarwal.