Re: need beta testers for an alternative mobile phone screenReader

  • From: "jaffar" <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 08:56:21 +0800

Hi. Let me explain that this is my first attempt at selling a software that I've personally developed. For sure i don't have a company or organization, but even those who write games for visually impaired computer gamers have requested for beta testers from time to time, so please do some research before criticizing others who genuinely want to make a living out of a skill that they have learnt. What i am going to charge for my product, and how i will arrive at the final costing in the future is not actually your concern, but if you must know, my wife who is helping me set up my software business is an economist by proffession, and i can surely trust her to research and to get to know the market for products specific to the needs of the VI community. Of course in a project like this, it is sensible for someone to get testers familiar with the product through either usability or programmability. What better group of people then this list? i also deem it as an opportunity to contribute in some small way to a list which has given me so much in terms of skill and employment, for, i would never have been in my present employment but for my discovering this list. You know, if you stopped criticizing and started contributing in a much more productive and solid way, you would have gained much more respect from everyone on this list. However, as i have had so much positive contribution in terms of sensible queries and feedback, and the response has been very encouraging, i think i can afford to ignore your senselessness. O, and one more thing, what the size of my organization or business is, is none of yours actually because i will not be paying my taxes to you, and thank god for small mercies like this. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>