Re: need a real programmer!

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 05:07:09 -0400

        Hi Inthane: I'm not sure if I am the Rick you mentioned but I remember
your original post a little.
I am a VB.net / Sql CE or Sql Server guy for the most part. I am experienced in
Business Apps. Now, Game production is quite diferent.
I don't know how well suited CSharp or any of the MS languages are for the
purpose of game creation. I am thinking of the 2 main  technicals of a game
that is logic flow and the UI element processing.
When it comes to the logic flow that might be doable easily enough but I'm not
at all sure about handling audio / video technicals. I would guess it would
require Flash or Silverlight to pull off something of real quality for sighted
people and I'm not sure about what else could be used in their place for
quality Audio control.
I would think that those 2 technicals would be the foundation of at least the
UI components of a game like you describe.
I haven't worked in Flash and I am still in VB.net 2008 since WindowEyes won't
work well with UIA and not at all with WPF which is what Silverlight is all
about.
My guess you were talking to the other Rick I have seen on list from time to
time but if it was me, and I will help you with your app if I can, I don't have
the tools to develop a really killer game like I would imagine you would want
to do to compete with other companies out there.
  Also, if you are going to go cross-platform you should keep that in mind from
the very start of the project and select tools and skill sets accordingly.
  Finally, if you are going to develop action games with any quality visuals
you will, of course, need a sighted person, best a Programmer type, to design,
test and coordinate visuals with logic flow, timing and audio and all that jazz.
  How you might use the graphics and perhaps the digitized images of real
characters wwould be beyond what I have done and I wouldn't know how to learn
to do that without having some vision.
  So, if me, I'll have to back out since I don't have the skill set necessary
for the UI portion of the gaming arena and might not be up to speed with the
logic flow which might be some form of AI in advanced senarios.
  Now, if you need a program to track your income, handle some accounting or
any inventory control  from those apps, well I could do that.
  Keep posting up about your progress though since it would be pretty cool to
be able to use those types of advanced tools to create interactive Science
Fiction.
  Later Inthane:
  Rick USA