mud mailing list

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:18:33 -0600

Hello,
For those of you on multiple lists: sorry for the double messages.

I've been working on the idea of a mud for the past few years, and have
gathered ideas that I like and things that I'd like to see changed.
The goal is to make this fully accessible to both blind and sighted, while
providing somewhere where people can have fun, enjoy, and test their enginuity.
The mud is ment to build off numerous skills:
+ Social, players will be able to start clans, work in groups to defeat tough
monsters, and work together to trade precious materials.
+ Enginuity Players will be able to complete quests for prizes, negociate deals
between clans and customize their character to fit a set of specifications as
determined by the player.
+ Character Players will be challenged throughout the game to improve on skills
where they are lacking, and capitalize on skills where they feel the strongest.
Players will also be challenged to overcome limitations placed in the game and
capitalize off of their findings.

This mud will be set in a modern-time, and will be based around clan warfare.
While players will be able to stay neutral, the option will exist to either
join or found a clan. Clans, or gangs will be composed of people who are
working toward the same goal, and will help with intergame unity between
players either in their clan, or in other clans who share a temporary goal.

One more goal of the game is to allow for a flexable wide range of methods in
which the player can improve his or herself while always having something new
to discover.

That said, I am setting up a mailing list for those who are interested in
helping with my goal. While I am not currently looking for coders, this game
will not be possible without you and your ideas and input on new features that
are added before and after beta. So whether you want to lurk, or think that you
can contribute, we'd love to have you on the list. I will be providing that
address by the end of today for those who are interested in helping out or
joining in for the ride. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or
subscribe to the list once it is up and running.