monitor question-hopes it's not off-topic

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:29:15 -0600

Hello list,
I've been switching out batteries from laptop to laptop because the ac port
where I plug in the laptop died.
They're supposed to come fix the mother board, but that was scheduled two or
three weeks ago.
Anyway, I noticed my monitor light is pretty bright.
Would there be a way to dim it or just turn the monitor off until I need it?
I was thinking about a driver to change the backlight, but I don't really feel
comfortable doing that kind of programming. Not yet anyway.
Would someone be willing to help me with this, or would there be another way to
do it?

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield.
Vertigo head coder
"My programs don't have bugs, just randomly added features."
msn: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
aim: st8amnd2005
web: tysdomain.com