Re: mods required, RE: Now I Know Why I'm Having Trouble With Objects

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:32:35 -0400

Villify me then, Tyler, since the only reason he mentioned flags was because I corrected his six piece enum values to twelve, needing to account for black vs. white pieces. So if the scope of the conversation went beyond an appropriate level for teaching basic OOP, the fault lies with me.

On 4/12/2011 10:21 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
sina:
He wants to learn OOP. You just jumped in with flags and everything
else. Lets take this one step at a time. I was not attacking you for
trying to help, I was pointing out that it is a bit to soon to throw in
flags, and your one-line lets use flags for color, is going to be more
confusing to anyone new to OOP than anything else.
Two responses

#1: including replies helps put emails in context

#2: Tyler, attacking me or Ken is fine. It's you being your usual
self, but please do not ever attack anyone, including myself, when
we are trying to help someone else. That's unacceptable.

Very few things push my buttons like people being attacked for helping
others learn.

To whomever has the thankless job of moderating this list, I'd
appreciate an official response on this please?

Take care,
Sina