Re: midi and java?

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:27:46 -0600

Alex,

Look up something called "JavaSound." This is how you send signals to the
sound card, either through MIDI, or just raw signals in general. There's a
bit of a learning curve, but it's a pretty decent design once you get the
hang of it.

Andreas Stefik, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville