Re: making jaws read edsharp correctly under vmware on the mac

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 21:46:16 +0000

Next make sure the window is maximized.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 09/03/2010 19:37, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
that didn't fix it. It reads most of the stuff ok, until toward the end where
it just starts saying blank blank blank for everything. It's not the end of the
file, and sometimes up arrow will read a line, but it's not often.
                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net
        Twitter: sorressean

On Mar 9, 2010, at 12:21 PM, chris hallsworth wrote:

Ar. Hang on. In Text Processing, check enhanced edit support. This is in
Configuration Manager, Set Options, Text Processing.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 09/03/2010 19:00, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
um, it's not an edsharp issue. edsharp works great with Jaws on other systems
I've used in the past. This is a jaws issue, and others have the same problems
I do with other edit boxes. It does the same for example, with notepad.
                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net
        Twitter: sorressean

On Mar 9, 2010, at 10:52 AM, chris hallsworth wrote:

Maybe it's an issue with Edsharp and JAWS. Contact Jamal the developer if you
need further help.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 09/03/2010 15:39, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
The guest OS is windows XP, and yeah, I have vmware tools installed. I had to
get it for my sharing folders setup.

                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net
        Twitter: sorressean

On Mar 9, 2010, at 8:36 AM, chris hallsworth wrote:

Hi what is the guest operating system in VMware? Also is VMware Tools installed
and up to date?

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 09/03/2010 15:29, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
Hello all,
I seen a message that evrit posted to another list, when I was trying to track down some
info on making this work. I'm using jaws 8, and the video intercept manager has been
installed and uninstalled, many times. I'm trying to find out if someone else had some
other ideas for making Jaws work correctly under vmware? It seems to be fine, until I
open up a lengthy document (like source code), etc. My 'world.cpp' file is about 11 KB in
size, and I can read the top fine, but once I get down lower it turns out that it only
reads random lines, others it just sees as "blank."
Help would be appriciated. I'd really like to get back to coding on my mudbase,
and my usual laptop used for this has been awaiting toshiba's attention for the
last couple of weeks.

                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net