RE: makefile question

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:32:49 -0500

You add the make file in the next level in the make file of the first level
as one of the commands to execut in the lower level.  I have a 3 level tree
in my current make file system and in the first level it looks something
like this :

all:          $(BINDIR)$(SERVER)

                cd scripts;make "MAKEFILE=${MAKEFILE}"

                cd utilities;make