Re: looking for canes

  • From: Dorene Cornwell <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:10:58 -0700

Hi Tyler,

Not to be trite, but if you put "white cane" into the search engine of
your choice, you should come up with lots of options. If you add your
city or something nearby to the search string you might even come up
with someplace you can easily go visit in person.

Alternatively include keywords such as your preference for an NFB
cane, a graphite cane, an aluminum cane, etc. The other thing that it
would be helpful to have it you know it is your preferred length.

In my case, I cannot stand the tips available locally so even though I
can get the model I am used to locally, I mail order the tips and have
even taken the mail order item to the local store for help about
installing.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK.

DC