Re: looking for an app

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:51:33 -0800

the way I usually do such things is I start the actual register about three rows down, and if I put this together it would read across with...

check#, date, PTOO (pay to the order of), amount, notes
below that would be your "working area"

up at the top the first row I would select columns "A" through "E" and go to the format menu and merge them giving it a nice fancy lettered E-Check Register (your name here)
you could even color the background in and such.

then on the second line I would put:
"Useable Balance:" without the quotes in column "A" and put a formula in the B column of row 2 like this:
=SUM(D4:D1000)
that will automatically add all the numbers you enter in the amount column automatically, now here's the goodie, this setup will allow you to enter deposits you make into the account as a positive number
"primary deposit (in the PTOO column)" and 1000.00 in the "amount" column
then if you enter a written check you make it a negative number, cause your spending it, so 101 | 11/11/08 | what's its name high school | -12.00 | box of pencils (fund raiser)

I used a | to break it into the "columns" but if you do this it will add the negative number to the primary deposit amount and put the corrected amount 988 in your B2 usable funds cell you can also add in other fancies like turning the date column from b4 down (control shift page down) to date format and from D4 down to "currency" to make it even sharper

there is a way to make it do things when you hit enter in a specific cell (like putting the current date in the date cell if you hit enter there), but I'd have to look them up again

HTH,
inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>