RE: links in emails -- was: Re: Accessible iso to dvd burner for XP

  • From: "rick watson" <rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:16:00 -0400

Here's some things that I found on this issue.

ndows 98/2000/XP

To make web pages open again when you click links in emails using Windows XP
and earlier:

.        Make sure neither Outlook Express nor Internet Explorer are open.

.        Select Control Panel from the Start menu.

.        Click Internet Options.

.        If you do not see Internet Options right away, click Network and
Internet Connections before.

.        Go to the Programs tab.

.        Make sure Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
default browser is checked.

.        Click OK.

.        Close Internet Explorer.

.        Re-open Internet Explorer.

.        Click Yes when asked Internet Explorer asks "Internet Explorer is
not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default
browser?"

.        If Internet Explorer does not ask:

.        Close Internet Explorer

.        Select My Computer from the Start menu.

.        Choose Tools | Folder Options... from the menu.

.        Go to the File Types tab.

.        Highlight (NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol.

.        Click Advanced.

.        Highlight open.

.        Click Remove.

.        Click Yes.

.        Click OK.

.        Now click Close.

.        Start Internet Explorer.

.        If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, start it and
make sure it is the new default.

The above does not work? Try this:

.        Now select Run... from the Start menu.

.        Type "iexplore /rereg".

.        Click OK.

Or, if that fails, continue with the following. Proceed very cautiously,
though.

.        Select Run... from the Start menu.

.        Type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll".

.        Click OK.

.        Click OK again.

.        Repeat the Start | Run... procedure with the following commands in
this order, maybe checking after each for returning function:

.        "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll"

.        "regsvr32 mshtml.dll"

.        "regsvr32 browseui.dll"

Give it a shot.