Re: launching new dialog from current dialog?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:39:47 -0400

Well, now it turns out I do have a question about this after all.
Again, I am basing my application on a PYLbc Dialog object, and a
couple buttons will pop up different dialogs on top of the main one.
When these children (if that is the right word) are closed, I call
Destroy() on them. This works the first time, but if I launch a child,
close it, and try to launch it again, I get a DeadObject error which
says that the c++ part of the Dialog object has gone away.

A rather inelegant solution I have put in place for now is to call
SetFocus() on the control I want to be focused on when the child
launches, clear any text fields, and then call Show(False) on the
child dialog object. This works, but is there a better way, something
that will get rid of the dialog but still let me launch another
instance of it if I want to? I hope this makes sense.