Re: latest EdSharp and the Sounds4stuff jaws scheme

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:07:42 -0500

I believe it is packaged with EdSharp. Open edSharp, then go to the
settings packager. Hit ctrl-o, and sounds4stuff.zip should be in the
list of files. Press enter on it. Next, press alt-i to import it. Once
that is done, close the packager and open up the settings center.
Select the sound schemes from the advanced menu and choose
sounds4stuff. Note that it works on multiples of two spaces; I made a
modification that works with multiples of one space, and uses a sound
for zero indentation instead of speaking a message, which I can send
if you want. Sorry these instructions are a bit vague. Oh, make sure,
in the advanced menu, that say all is on; that is what was giving me
trouble earlier today.

On 1/10/11, Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This indentation scheme sounds very cool.
> I want to try it out.
>
> Where can I download the scheme and setup instructions?
>
> On 10.01.2011 19:31, Alex Hall wrote:
>> I did this, and the same thing happens: I get sounds for edit, button,
>> list, and the rest, just nothing for indentation. It also said I was
>> about to overwrite an existing file, so I told it to skip and, when
>> that did nothing, I told it to overwrite. Neither option produced
>> piano notes.
>> Yes, I am not great at it, but modifying a scheme seems easy enough
>> and I modified yours to work with single-space indents instead of
>> double space.
>>

>> On 1/10/11, Homme, James<james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Hi Alex,
>>> Try this first.
>>>
>>> 1. Use Insert+F2 and open Settings Packager.
>>> 2. With the File menu, open the sounds for stuff scheme.
>>> 3. Press the Import button.
>>> 4. Close Settings Packager.
>>> 5. Go into EdSharp and either temporarily with Alt+Insert+S, or