Re: jaws10 and Visual Studio 2008

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:14:50 -0800

if you check the stuff at Jamal's site he should have the method for shutting the thing off until you run it, and I am quite sure I sent that URL out here a few days ago.

inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:00:09 -0800

if you go get the stuff available from:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
for the VS 2005/2008 IDE's you should have marginal trouble,
Jamal M has an tutorial working site at:
" Visual Studio Tips for Blind Programmers

From the web page
http://EmpowermentZone.com/ndn.htm

Nonvisual Development with .NET:
Tips for Blind Users of Visual Studio and Related Tools

Edited by Jamal Mazrui
October 9, 2008

On a couple of public mailing lists,
ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
Program-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, numerous tips have been contributed for
blind
programmers who use Visual Studio or other tools for building
applications
with the .NET Framework.  The following is a compilation of those
tips.  I
have made edits to improve their collective readability, flow, or
organization rather than simply pasting them verbatim in their
original
email form.  My presumption is that these tips were freely shared
for the
purpose of benefiting others, and so their inclusion here is
consistent
with that spirit.

Sometimes, essentially the same tip was contributed by multiple
individuals, so I picked one that happened to fit better in the
editing
context.  Accordingly, I have not explicitly associated an author
with
each tip.  A list of contributors is below.  If anyone recognizes
contribution and would like it to be changed or removed, please
let me
know.  Also let me know if a name should be added, dropped, or
reworded.
There are names and tips that are inadvertently missing.  We want
all
contributions to be given voluntarily and gladly.

The current, alphabetized list of contributors is as follows:
Dave B.,
Sina Barham, Jeff Bishop, Eunice Clicker, Isaias Couch, Bill
Dennis, Punit
Diwan, Justin Daubenmire, Shannon Gerdts, Rodney Haynie, Chris
Hofstader,
James Homme, Marvin Hunkin, Jacob Kruger, Pranav Lal, David Lant,
Doug
Lee, Tyler Littlefield, Mark Long, Jay Macarty, Jamal Mazrui,
James Panes,
Will Pearson, Ken Perry, Martin Slack, Travis Roth, Sunfire, and
Rick USA.

I grouped the tips into the categories listed in the table of
contents
below.  Naturally, there is overlap.  Within each category, the
sequence
is mostly random.  Contributions have been primarily JAWS
related, but
users of other screen readers may benefit from underlying ideas.
Tips so
far have mainly been for Visual Studio 2005.  Contributions are
encouraged
on any relevant topic.  "

hope this helps,
the elf