Re: jaws and seven:accessibility, settings, etc.

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:38:44 -0600

I don't have windows7 -- what is AERO?
Thanks.
--le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: jaws and seven:accessibility, settings, etc.

I do not think there are any settings in either Windows 7 or Vista that are
required for JAWS.  I remember that XP did require several setting changes
for JAWS to work.  I do change several things for my own preference.  Most
of these are in the Folder options.  I prefer the Details view in Windows
Explorer.  In Windows 7, the details are treated as a grid that can be
navigated left and right as well as up and down.  This makes it easy to
check dates or size.  I think Microsoft stole this concept from Linux.  I
also set it to view hidden files and extensions.  JAWS can not deal with
Aero at this time.  JAWS will turn this off automatically when started.
However, if you install Windows 7 to a VMware virtual machine, it will cause
problems.  In this case, you need to turn off Aero.  The easiest way to do
this is to change the theme to Windows Classic.  Some people can not get
Windows 7 and JAWS to work in a virtual machine.  It just randomly blue
screens.

Windows 7 works great with JAWS 11.  I certainly enjoy the new features in
Windows 7.

Don Marang