RE: jaws and seven:accessibility, settings, etc.

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:08:52 -0500

My experience has been that sometimes after changing a windows theme to even
classic from the default windows7 or windows7 basic, jaws again can't
find/use the system tray using the insert f11 shortcut. IMO the switching of
windows and list views confuses jaws or seems unstable, it speaks random
text that is not even on screen any more, or it delays in speaking the new
items/window contents. These are up to date systems, various ones with both
kinds of graphics cards, NVIDIA and ATI. 2 of these systems I've noticed
this on are intel i7 systems, and other core2 and core2 quad systems, so
system performance is out of the problem, it doesn't happen with jaws10
either on the same system, even though jaws10 is not that good for windows7.

HTH, D!J!X!