RE: jaws and seven: accessibility, settings, etc.

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:16:18 -0400

WinSCP sucks.  I use expand drive which makes an sftp link into a drive so
you can use it like a regular drive.  It's still not the same I do use
secure crt and Expand drive but I can't stand not having it local where the
access is instantaneous.  Like I said I understand that there are other ways
of doing things but I love having the cygwin tools on the windows box so if
I have to search for stuff the power of Linux is just there.  I am making do
but I am hoping that FS does get this fixed.  If I could find a way to make
nvda come on when at the shell prompt then shut up outside and jaws come on
for everything else that is what I would do.  I would use NVDA totally if it
worked with my editor and visual studio but it is rather sad.  I would use
system access totally but its slow as crap even with eloquence so I am stuck
with Jaws and making it work.

Ken