Re: java access bridge problems , someone help please?

  • From: Florian-achtige <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:30:03 +0100

Hi,

Ok, so after a couple of quick tests it appears the path variable is
being reset on reboot. Changing the path variable to include the bin
folder of the JRE had no effect though. Do i need to reference the
lib\ext\ as well, due to the jaccess files residing there?
Or perhaps include paths to both JRE's?

Thanks,
Florian

2011/1/31, Florian-achtige <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>:
> [...]
>>> not accessible when it comes to creating GUI applications, so even
>>> after managing to setup the JAB and Java IDE you won't be much further
>>> (unless you have some sight or sighted assistance) if you want to
>>> create GUIs.
>>> // I have heard eclipse is actually very accessible, and netBeans is
>>> being worked on as we speak.
>>>
>> CJR: Yes, they are accessible, but can you do GUI development with them,
>> as in can you use the form designers and so on for GUI design -- I doubt
>> that is accessible -- could be wrong though.
>>
>>> If you are going to work in a team with sighted peers then have them
>>> develop the GUI and you focus on database and non visual components.
>>>
>>> It is of course also entirely possible to code a GUI with a text
>>> editor and the JDK alone. This would be a good option if you are going
>>> to work alone on a project, but if you are in a group it might not
>>> work too well since the other guys will most probably use an IDE.
>>> // Are the days where we had to use swt for our gui's to be accessible
>>>   over? Can default javax.swing classes be used if the java access
>>> bridge works properly?
>>
>> CJR: I think it's still better to use SWT instead of Swing.
>>> That said, here is my setup which enables the JAB on my Win XP Pro SP3
>>> machine:
>>> 1. Make sure that the bin directory of the JRE you wish to use is
>>> actually in your PATH environment variable.
>>> /* It was not. I have now added c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin
>>> to that environment variable. However, when scouring these environment
>>> variables i found out something else that would cause trouble.
>>> The classpath variable has the value:
>>> .;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QTJava.zip
>>> I doubt that is right. Please copy your classpath variable's value
>>> here so i know how to configure it correctly */
>>>
>> CJR: That path to the bin directory is not a JRE unless you are using
>> the JDK as your JRE. I would suggest first getting it to work with a JRE
>> and then try to get it working with the JDK itself.
>>
>> CJR: Florian, I don't even have a CLASSPATH environment variable. You
>> can put the path to jar files in your PATH variable also I think. Don't
>> worry about a CLASSPATH until you are absolutely sure your system can't
>> locate the jar files.
>>
>>> 2. Make sure you have these files in the directory of the JRE:
>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar //check
>>>
>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\jaccess.jar // check
>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\jaccess-examples.jar // check
>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\accessibility.properties // FAIL : that
>>> file does not exist in that directory. Not to my knowledge at least.
>>> That was the first thing i checked when referencing with the manual
>>> installation instructions, it isn't there.
>>
>> CJR: I know, but just put it there -- it needs to be there. Copy it from
>> the ext directory if you have to.
>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\axbridge.dll // check

>>> to:
>>> jaccess.jar // I see no such file to rename, but jaccess.jar is already
>>> there.
>>>
>> CJR: You don't see it because the auto installer did the renaming for
>> you already. Don't worry it's fine.
>>
>>> 3. Make sure you have these files in your System32 directory:
>>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsAccessBridge.dll // check
>>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\JavaAccessBridge.dll // check