Re: in the market for a new laptop:suggetsions?

  • From: "James Panes" <jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:12:17 -0500

Yes, that's right. You can add/remove programs using that dialog.
- If the program is not hidden.
- If the remove utility was properly created.
- If you know what the thing is called in this dialog.
- If you have the confidence that removing the software will not mess up
something critical on your computer.

Since these conditions are rearely met, it is better to get a machine that
you have full control over what is installed in the first place.

And one more thing, when you do a system restore, all that unwanted rubbish
is right back on your computer.

Regards,
James

jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx