Re: in the market for a new laptop:suggetsions?

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:23:26 -0800

the only thing I will speak on, is some notes on vista, yes its useable, and yes it seems more secure without additional applications than XP is out of the box, and the search abilities is superior to XP.

now for the flip side:
1. windows mail has some issues that make it more difficult to use.
2. there are major focus issues with vista that make it a major pain in the backside. 3. there are a number of folks talking about disappearing folders on there drives that no answer has been found to, let alone for this trouble. 4. UAC is a major pain, but if you turn it off, you lose 80 percent of the safety features, and so are back to relying on third party security software, and... vista will not shut up about the fact that you turned UAC off.

if I dug through the e mails I have on vista I am sure I could come up with another dozen or so, but... those who like it swear its better, so it's back to a "matter of opinion".

regards,
inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Hernandez" <blindmagik@xxxxxxxxx>