Re: ideas and adaptations was re: need beta testers for an alternative screen readers

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:32:24 -0400

LOL -- good acronym Jim -- but why not expand it to "psycho" since the first
3 letters of "choice" are c h o... This reminds me of a compiler I worked on
briefly that used a portable back end based on a spec file written in a
language called "stin".  We were all asked to come up with a good name for
one of the major releases of that compiler, and my supervisor won the
contest by naming it "stincc" pronounced as you would expect as "stink"...
Months later when he was moving to another organization, our group gave him
a stuffed skunk as a gag gift so he could remember stincc...

Oh, and always remember why the pentium was not named the 586: Intel tried
adding 100 to 486 and got a floating point number not equal to 586  so they
named it pentium...
(And just remember the quote by F Gump of Intel: "Floating point arithmetic
is like a box of chocolates...")

Cheers.
--le