RE: iPhone development with XCode and VoiceOver

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:11:40 -0500

Actually what I saw is there is no way to code for it without an account but
I have an account and I did not pay for it.  It's the free one but I have no
problem paying $99 if I have to since normally we would have to pay for
tools to code it seems Mac is giving us the tools and charging for the
service which probably is a better business model than Microsoft used to
have.  If you notice even Microsoft has pretty much stopped charging people
to create software if they are little coders if they are big coders they
still pay out the arse.

Now what I wonder is have you tried using the IPhone emulator and finding a
way to set the voice over on when it starts up?  I would think it should
talk just like the real phone shouldn't it  You should be able to turn it on
if you can convince ITunes that it's a phone.

I will worry about this when I get to it but again I won't stress over it if
I have to throw down $99.

Ken

On 2010-02-09, at 12:32 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

As far as I know if you have an IPhone and set up the test keys right you
can code on your own IPhone without the $99 registration.  You just sign up
as a free ADC member first then set up your IPhone for testing.  I am going
to end up getting one of the higher accounts but I am pretty sure I am right
in saying that its free if you have a Mac and a IPhone and don't care you
can't join in the forms.

Ken