iPhone / Mac / VoiceOver was: Re: jaws and windows seven issues

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:02:32 +0200

Thanks Ken and Tyler.
Your comments about VoiceOver has made me very skeptical.

Ken: How does VoiceOver work on the iPhone then?
I really want to buy an iPhone.
I've heard so much positive comments of VoiceOver and the accessibility on the iPhone. Tyler mentioned that VO also crashes and restarts a lot on the Mac. Does this happen on the iPhone as well?

On 13.10.2010 20:20, Tyler Littlefield wrote:

O yes, I forgot to mention: If you turn off voiceover, certain tasks
(like copying files from location A to location B speeds up. I'm not
quite sure why, but this shouldn't be.
On 10/13/2010 11:41 AM, Ken Perry wrote:
Well be careful I have Mac and windows 7 and use windows 7 more.  There are
little things that just don't work.  I was coding in Python the other day and
if you right click on the environment the dialog comes up but voice over
doesn't see  it.  Or just today I was updating my IPhone to beta 3 using my Mac
book Pro and at one point it says to press the restore button while holding
down the option key.  Now if you don't know the option key is what you use for
speech so you have to do control-option space to click on the restore button.
Well it don't work.  I had to get a sited person to help.  Now I could have
went in and changed all my settings so that control was option but hey I still
would have had to press control-option space to click on restore so that would
not have helped.  This is not the only thing I have found wrong with Mac either
it's just the most recent pain in my back side.  If you find coding in Windows
a pain in the butt you will find coding on a Mac a p
in from front to back.

Ken