Re: html - textarea tag - MySQL question

  • From: "Niran" <public.niran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:45:53 +0530

Even if you set the rows and cols attributes of a textarea, it does not seems to be limiting the number of characters entered. For example, if you have a text area with rows="2" and cols="10", user will be able to type more than 20 characters into the textarea. You will have to use javascript if you want to restrict the number of characters entered. Setting the rows and cols just sizes the textarea accordingly, I think.

-N http://nirandas.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Humberto Rodriguez" <sub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>