html box... again!

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:09:52 -0400

Okay, I am getting annoyed! My simple, 500x500 px box is still not showing. Below is the code to make the box, followed by the function that I use to update said box's color (the form fields are okay, and the translation to hex works). As usual, my email will lack punctuation, so ignore things like missing < or > signs, semicolons, braces, and so on.

Box code:

Script to change box's color to the codes in three text boxes, one for red, one for green, and one for blue:

<script language="javascript"
function update(){
try{
red=eval(f.r.value).toString(16);
green=eval(f.g.value).toString(16);
blue=eval(f.b.value).toString(16);
if(red.length==1){
red=0+""+red;

if(green.length==1){
green=0+""+green;

if(blue.length==1){
blue=0+""+blue;

col=red+""+green+""+blue;
bx=document.getElementById("box"
bx.style.color=col;
document.getElementById("eml").innerHTML="Code: "+col+"<br><a href='mailto:mehgcap@xxxxxxx"subject="+col+";'>Email me the color</a>";

catch(e){
alert(e+" in update(): "+e.description);

</script

Have a great day,
Alex