Re: html JavaScript or asp.net Tri-State TreeView Control

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:13:47 -0400

Thanks Teddy:
It looks like an investment site.  Can't find any CheckBoxes on any TreeViews
though.,  Checked the Source as well.
Guess I'll have to build one if I want something really nice.
There are a couple of examples but I'm not sure about the StateImage they use.
 My inspiration comes from the VWD or Vb.net Menu>Tools>Options window.  On
this menu the TreeView will read "Partially Checked" when a Parent Node's
Children are mixed, checked and unchecked.
That means there is an Icon, or some StateImage or Image, that a Screen Reader
will recognize as a Partially Checked CheckBox and a CheckState, or something
that will correspond to that image.  Actually, there are 3 states, Checked,
UnChecked and Indeterminate for some flavor of a .net CheckBox.    Whether that
can be applied to asp.net is another question I'm starting to dig into.
I need to find the various enumerations for the images, or indexes in the
appropriate image list, the number or whatever else might identify the grayed
CheckBox image and hhow to apply the image to my Treeview's Node ChehckBoxes in
conjunction with the appropriate CheckState.  So I may have to build a TreeView
inheriting stuff, never wanted to get that detailed programming, but it is what
it is.
Thanks again and i'll be back with more questions after I get a grasp on the
various pieces.  Something about win32 versus .net is popping up when Googling
Custom Controls and TreeViews and CheckBoxes so I still have to do allot of
reading about it all and creating Custom Controls, sigh.
Rick USA
correctly with WindowEyes at least.