how to store and retrieve hindi characters into the database

  • From: prateek aggarwal <prateekagarwal99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:25:24 +0530

Hi mates,
A project that I’ve got today requires me to store and retrieve hindi
characters into the database.
It’s a windows based software, hence I’m going to use c# as front end
and sql server as database.

Since I haven’t worked on this kind of application previously, I’ve
been trying to figure out how can it be done.

Those who don’t know, hindi is the national language of India which is
widely spoken across the nation.

Basically, I think I need to store and retrieve Unicode based values,
so does someone have any idea about how can I do it?

I know that defaultly it stores the values in ansi format, hence
something need to be done for storing and retrieving values in
Unicode.

Just now, I was told that the controls
available with "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" are capable of
showing the unicode texts.

It’s a bit confusing to me, since I have had no experience of this
kind of something in past.

If any of you have some idea about how is it done, please share with
me asap, will be of real help.

I will look forward for your early responses.

Cheers!
Prateek agarwal.