RE: how to install eclipse

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:30:02 -0500

Marvin,

I'd add to that the comment that the first time you launch Eclipse, you will
likely be prompted for some setup configuration such as the default working
directory for your projects. I suggest defining a directory location outside of
the Eclipse product directory structure. In this way, if you upgrade eclipse,
you can just point the new version to the existing folder. I upgraded 3 times
over the past year or so and this helps save a little effort.