Re: gui programming via code

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:52:37 -0500

Got all the stuff needed and installed. Apple makes that part easy, it all comes on the cd just not installed. Did a few scripts, but not dove into it fully yet. Thought brushing up on c would help a lot with coco and objective c. The idea is somewhat useable but there are more better editors to use like text longer its free in ap store.

At 09:11 PM 1/30/2011, you wrote:
Programming in coco. Now, that's something I wouldn't mind trying. Has anyone here done any GUI programming on the Mac?
At 02:08 31/01/2011, you wrote:
Looks cool; would be interested in the advantages over other cross
platform toolkits; they certainly have a unique presentation on their
site.

As for the programmatic construction of UI--you can do it with every
framework including win32, or cocoa programmatically; effort varies
greatly because anything written in C++ COM is going to be a lot more
low-level and detailed/controlled/involved than say python with a high
level framework like WX.  The wysiwyg forms designers/interface
builders just make it a drag/drop process and reduces time to your
first working app from an hour to minutes.

On 1/30/11, Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This may be old news to some, but it was definitively not to me. At
> http://shoesrb.com/
> there's a program called "shoes", which is basically a gui toolkit
> using ruby. W/it, u can write all kinds of gui's w/just code. Sounds
> ideal for us blindys. I'm gonna have a peekaboo now.
>
> --
> Change the world--1 deed at a time
> Jackie McBride
> Scripting Classes: http://jawsscripting.lonsdalemedia.org