getting critical

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:41:53 -0500

... as in serious, not as in criticism...*smile*

Hi all --
I absolutely have to get off my old system permanently, which includes
moving a good number of mail folders to a new machine.
My XP box has been flaky for some months, and now is down to a paltry 9GB on
the hard drive.
That with loads of stuff like mp3s offloaded onto an external drive.

I have used outlook express forever (since getting onto windows) -- now I
need to choose between either thunderbird or live mail or whatever else.

So could someone tell me which is more accessible? And which can convert OE
.dbx mailboxes to whatever other internal format it uses? And is there a
mail client that saves mail in a common format that wouldn't depend on just
one program?

Pushing things off thill the last minute... not a good idea.  I have got my
windows7 box ready except for antivirus and mail client.  I need
recommendations.

Meanwhile, I am uninstalling and deleting programs right and left so this
old box will run.  Then if it does, maybe I can procrastinate a little
longer.

Thanks in advance.
--le