Re: functional programming

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:13:33 +0200

in functional programming is verry easy to declare functions wich modify its behavior at runtime. for example in lisp all records are lists and knowing the list wich define a function you cand modify the part which define the body and that is all next time when the function is called it will have a different behavior.

this is very usefull for inteligent agents
or for programming which must learn something in time with out restarting.
When I will arrive at Constanta (my birth place)
I will send you an example about this.
Now I have not the documentation with me and I used lisp two years ago last time.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:35:15 -0500
From: Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: functional programming

I know that functional programming languages such as scala and f# are
starting to gain popularity. Is functional programming worth learning
and if so where can I find good tutorials on it? Thanks.