Re: experiment to make map info online accessible--please participate!

  • From: "Dorene Cornwell" <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:58:14 -0800

As someone who still has enough vision to have a pretty good spatial sense
about lots of things, I found this experiment tested really well about some
topics I find very difficult since vision decline in terms of describing and
interpreting graphical information. The fact that it was a good test is
different from automatic success, but I was impressed.

I really recommend participating especially if you have or aspire to have
any kind of job that involves working with lots of data and graphical
representations of the data's meaning! I had a few other impressions but
those are not appropriate for this list until the data collection is done.

The AFB has lots of great material too, but this project is something
different.

DoreneC