Re: email list for new programmers

  • From: <Tristan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:12:28 -0400

*agrees with ken*

Tristan Bussiere
Founder, ACE Games
http://www.acegamesonline.net

Skype: tristanbussiere
MSN: Tristan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 5:40 PM
Subject: RE: email list for new programmers

Well I can tell you the way I do it for truly new members is to search out
the answer for them and give them a link but also tell them how I did it.
I.e. I found this on google while searching for blah.  Now there are some
members on the list who I will not do this for.  Those are members who do
not look up things on their own.  I don't consider people to be new at it
after being told it more than three times.  Also I will go off and write
code examples for new members where I don't always do that for older members of the list. So some people might think new people don't get what they need
on this list by the answers others get.  That is not always the case some
times when we don't give the answer to someone it is because we are trying
to teach the person to fish rather than giving them the fish.

Ken