Re: edsharp problems

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:17:47 -0500 (EST)

I think the Java compiler would put the .class file in the same
directory as the .java file.  Certainly this would happen if the current
working directory is the same as the directory containing the .java
file.  You can check the current directory EdSharp is using with the
Alt+0 command.

Now I understand what you mean by the line numbers command, Alt+Shift+N.
 It is intended for numbering lines of text within the file, itself,
rather than just showing the line number that appears on the status line.
There is not a command to remove the line numbers.  You could do so with a
regular expression and the replace with regular expression command.  Your
Java code would not compile with such numbers inserted in the document,
however.  This feature is primarily for creating a list and then adding
numbers to it, e.g., a to do list.

Regarding the Alt+B command, tell me a place in the file where I should
place the cursor to test this.  Tell me how many braces you think
EdSharp should be saying instead of what it does.

Jamal