Re: edsharp problems

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:24:26 -0500

About the escaping from the menus thing, I found something. Escape works as expected from the list of submenus but as soon as you enter a specific menu, any one of them it seems, you can no longer escape without playing with the arrow keys until you are at the list of submenus again. Oh, and I found that line numbering can be repeated; that is, you can press the hotkey as many times as you want and end up with that many numbers before each line. I was surprised to find this, figuring that the option would be a check or uncheck option.

As far as compiling goes, I have the command line compiler from Sun. The syntax to compile a file, from the cmd line, is:
javac path\file.ext
I tried putting javac in for the compile in the options but I still got the done message, even though there are too many errors for the file to compile.

The brace counter keeps jumping around, 0 left 2 right, 5 left 3 right, and so on. Attached is my entire java file, only around 100 lines. Don't expect it to compile as I still have to get it there but the idea is there. Thanks for all your help.

Have a great day,
Alex

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:49:44 -0500
From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: edsharp problems

Hi all,
i am trying EdSharp for the first time, on xp, and am having
some
problems.  First, I cannot use escape to get out of the menus; I
have to select something just to get back to my file.  Second, I
tried the brace counter thing (I had a .java file opened) and I
was told that there were no left and 2 right, which is not
correct at all; there are an even number of both and many more
than 2.  Finally, I tried the compile and was told it was done,
but I have only a command line java compiler and this code will
not compile yet.  Why was I told that the compile was done,
indicating success? Thanks for any help.

Have a great day,
Alex