Re: edsharp error when using pydent

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:25:44 -0400

That makes sense, thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: edsharp error when using pydent

A new document window is created with the .py file name in the title,
but EdSharp does not automatically save it to disk as a protection
against inadvertently replacing an existing file by that name.  In case
the conversion has flaws, I would hate for a previously working Python
file to lose its proper indentation!

Jamal

Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:03:38 -0400
From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That makes sense. If I have a .pyb file and use pydent, do I automatically get a .py file, ready to use, or do I have to save the resulting formatted code as the .py file? This also explains why I keep getting about four "save
as" dialogs when I try to close a py file on which I used pydent.