Re: eclipse question

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:42:38 -0700

Hi,

It's been a while since I've used Eclipse on Windows (I've been using
it on Leopard for a little while nowadays), but it should behave
similarly.

Eclipse auto-compiles as you type/save so you actually don't even have
to "build".  It took me a double-take to figure that out when I first
saw it coming from the world of building/running.  Eclipse let's you
"run" an app via its menu system and a hotkey (probably ctrl+r or
f5?).

As far as sharing, you could share the source or the .class binaries.
Eclipse saves some info in the workspace's directory as well if you
want to share the entire project with someone.

I'm sure others can comment with their experiences.

Hth,
David