e: e: e: "last motified" of webpage?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:37:49 -0400

In js, just get the string returned by the document.lastModified property. For example:

alert(document.lastModified);
You can then pick apart the string to give it real month values and all that. If you get a string like "Jan 1, 1970 GMT", then the date is unknown. Just google "javascript "date modified" file" or something like that and it should work fine, that is what I ended up doing. I did not think it would be that easy.

Have a great day,
Alex

From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:15:50 -0400
Subject: e: "last motified" of webpage?

I know they are not popular, but I need it to show progress on a
site.  How do I get that "last modified" thing? I know it is an
http header, but that is the only place I have heard of it.  Can
Javascript access it?

Have a great day,
Alex