Re: debugging php?

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:24:07 -0400

Did you remove the systray icon yourself? That's how I always start and stop WAMP, you can rightclick the systray icon and those sorts of options pull down.

On 3/16/2011 1:07 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Thanks all. I got it figured out: I had installed php by itself some
time ago but never used it. I guess it was conflicting with wamp's
php. I uninstalled everything and put wamp back on, and (aside from my
own errors) it is working.
By the way, does anyone know how to restart wamp? I have no system
tray icon and the only option in the wamp start menu item is "start
wamp server".

On 3/16/11, QuentinC<quentinc@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Having a 500 error mean that apache blocked the page afterwards, it does not
ncessarily mean that there was a php error.

Since it's an apache error and not a php one, you should check the apache
error log first.