daunting problem with drupal

  • From: prateek aggarwal <prateekagarwal99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:05:26 +0530

Hi list,
Today i’ve  been trying my hands on drupal, and though things were
working fine initially, but later  i got trapped in a strange problem.

For performing certain things that i wanted, i installed and enabled
“views” contributed module. It has got configured well, but
This is exactly when the problems have started occurring.

I logged out, and when opened the site home page again,
It was all different and confusing.
I could not find the edit boxes for login, and no primary menu was there.
I opened the users page  from mywebsite.com/?q=user
And logged in, but i just could not see any of the options like dash
board, appearance, administration etc. There was just a log out link,
a “view”  link which takes you to home page and “edit” link to edit
your account password.
i’m stunned, where have  those options gone?
Does someone have an idea about it?
I seemed to have lost something, and it looks like a daunting thing.
Please, help me, i’m already struggling to learn drupal, and now this
view module, given me a real gentle blow!

Hoping to get some remedy.
Regards,
Prateek agarwal.