Re: createing a client with a core and cross-platform gui

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:38:40 -0800

If you're rolling your own cross platform UI code, then you could
consider having abstract classes representing UI elements; subclass
for each platform as appropriate.

Or, as you suggested, instead of subclassing, simply include the
implementation of each class on a per platform basis but keeping the
declaration uniform.  You could even have a "cross platform
implementation" file that is included in every platform build, but
have additional platform specific "extensions" to those classes.

It really depends on your needs.