re: colors and backgrounds for web pages

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:25:02 -0400

I normally just take the suggestions of one or two sighted people about colors, then ask others what they think and go with the color(s) that most liked. It isn't a clean way of doing it and is far from independant, but it is the best I have seen. I also have enough vision to imagine what things might look like, so if I know I want to use black and orange on a page I can picture (sort of) what black text on orange would look like and then orange on black. You might also want a scheme like this, then use js to allow the viewer to dynamically change the scheme.

Have a great day,
Alex